Monday, August 16, 2010

We have a niece! :)


Well we survived Simon and Jade's wedding, and had an absolute blast...it definitely rivaled ours for the most fun we've ever had at a wedding (and we've been to some really fun weddings!). We are truly honored to be able to call Simon and Jade friends...they are perfect for each other!

Carly did really well at fair this year, despite her shady competition. She placed in everything she entered in, and also came down to State Fair this past week and placed in all 3 classes she entered in! I'm a proud big sister, what can I say?!

We also had an amazing time in the Smoky Mountains for my dad's birthday...in spite of a little rain that set us back a bit, we did a lot of hiking and exploring, but also had lots of time to just sit down and enjoy each other's company! I have to say: we didn't have showers at our campsite (which I was obviously unaware of before we got there), so by way of my dad's brilliant idea, we took a bath in the stream at the campsite...SO COLD. I mean, breathtakingly cold. And I didn't even get pictures of it, but it is something I will always remember from that trip! We hiked to the 2 highest peaks in the Smokies: Clingmans Dome and Mt. Leconte...both breathtaking as well. And to end our trip, we ate at the Pancake Pantry: the first pancake house in Tennessee :)

A couple weeks ago my work had an employee appreciation party, and in case I didn't already know that I love my job, it was confirmed that night. I work with some really amazing people who also love what they do and love the kids and adults they work with. And that's a good feeling.

This past weekend we went up north to see Corey, who was in town from LA, and meet his girlfriend Gisele (Chris has met her before, but it was my first time meeting her). We had a really great time with them, just hanging out and talking. We also got to go to a one-year birthday party for Mr. Brody Decker. It was so nice to be up at "home" and not have a major agenda of "be here at this time and back there at that time"...it was far more relaxed than it's been in a long time, maybe ever. We really only saw friends, and that was the way we wanted it this time.

Our trip up north was cut short by some special news...on Saturday afternoon we were woken up from our nap (I told you it was relaxing) to find out that Melinda (Chris's sister) was in labor! So we decided to keep our plans for the evening of seeing our friends before they headed back to LA, but then drove back to Indy after we parted ways. We got back to Indy around 3:00am, only to find that our air conditioner was broken! But seen as how our niece was born at 2:45am, we slept for a bit, then headed over to the hospital in the morning to see her...which was a much welcome escape from our scorching house! Zoe Alexandria Cooper, born August 15, measured 18 in long and weighed 5lb. 11oz. and is absolutely beautiful! We are thrilled to be an aunt and uncle, and love her so much already! Welcome to the world, Zoe!

No comments:

Post a Comment