Ok, seriously, I think our life motto right now is "keep going and going and going..." I can't believe it's been over a month since my last post! Time is flying, the summer is getting away from us, and we hardly have time to sleep! But for the record, we're much happier that we're busy for weddings rather than funerals...at least we're having fun being busy! Let's recap:
-Our good friends Collin, Jodi, Andy, and Josi came to stay with us for the weekend of the Noblesville DMB shows, and of course we had a blast!
-Chris went to New Orleans overnight to host a party for work that he helped plan...and while he was gone my friend Lindy came and kept me company and we went to see SATC2 :)
-I've gone to 3 baby showers (almost a 4th, but Charlie decided to come early)...Jen/Miles' in Middlebury; Ashley/Payton's baby brunch in Broadripple; and Melinda/Zoe's at Melinda's house in Anderson because she got released from the hospital after 10 weeks of being there! :) *sidenote: she's 33 weeks now and still pregnant!
-For the 4th of July we went up to Holland, MI to see my best friend Emily and her family and spend time with her and her boyfriend Rob. It was so relaxing, we had no agenda, just took the boat out, went tubing, went to the beach, and watched fireworks! Her family was so hospitable and on Sunday we got to enjoy a service at their wonderful church. Monday we were back in Elkhart for a bit to spend time with our families at a joint family cookout.
-On July 10th we had the pleasure of heading back up to Michigan, this time Howell, to watch Chris's friend Jason get married to a great girl. Their reception was at this cute little old opera house, and we danced all night long...so much fun!
-On July 17th we headed up to Goshen to see my cousin Kendra get married. The wedding was beautiful, and their reception was at the same place ours was, so that was really special to go back so close to our anniversary!
Ok, so I have to say that the things mentioned above have just been on the weekends...that doesn't include anything done during the work week, such as Life Group or Mommies & Mojitos or having friends over for dinner or book club or LAUNDRY AND CLEANING! We have hardly had a second to stand still, and I must admit that I have felt pretty stressed out at times. It's hard to come home from a weekend and unpack, knowing that you're just going to have to pack again for the next weekend. And then I think back to college when I was going to IU to visit Chris almost every weekend, and I think how easy life was when all I had to worry about was class, a little homework, and what time the Bachelorette was coming on (ok, I still worry about that haha). But July is by far our busiest month this summer, so when it's all said and done we will have a little free time.
This coming weekend is our last wedding until Labor Day, Simon and Jade's, and Chris is in it. We are heading up to Elkhart on Thursday night, in 2 separate cars, spending the night there, heading to Chicago on Friday to hang out, rehearsal dinner Friday night, wedding Saturday, back to Elkhart on Sunday. Then Chris is heading home and I'm staying up north to watch my sister show her horse in the fair for the week, hence why we are driving separately. Also, my car is getting some work done on it (put it on the tab for the summer ha!). Did I mention that I'll be coming home Thursday night and then we're leaving on Friday for the Smokey Mountains to go camping with my dad for his birthday?! But seriously, that's the end of our crazy-busy stretch!
Again, at least it's all fun, and we're making so many memories along the way. We are so blessed with great friends and family to share our time with!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment