Well to say life has been a whirlwind lately would be an understatement! Ever since we got back from Peru we have been on the go! I would say it took us a solid week, if not more, to get back into a "groove". Let me attempt to sum up the last month...
The day after we got back from Peru, we did a little sprucing up of the front of our house by planting a few more plants and getting some hanging baskets...ahh the joys of homeownership :)
The weekend after we got back, we drove down to Bloomington for an evening reunion with Steering Committee. We decided to skip the race since it was raining, but had a great dinner and drinks with college friends...it's always good to catch up! Also, along with catching up, we went to my cousin Denise's for dinner and had a great time hanging out with her and her daughter and one of her sons...my family is awesome.
Amidst all of the random activities, we were continuing to train for the mini marathon. It kind of stunk because it was raining so much and it was really hard to find a good time to run outside, and the treadmills cut you off after an hour...but we trained through it! However, Rudy was a bad dog and got Chris's running shoes...luckily he only pulled the laces out a bit and took an insole out...nothing major. Chris was fortunate that he didn't have to break in a new pair of shoes for the mini!
At the end of April we helped celebrate our friend Scottie's birthday with a cookout at Ashley and Scottie's house. It was really good to hang out with more good friends and eat some good food...we are so blessed!
To kick off May, we went up north for a day. My cousin Ashley had her bridal shower, so I spent the day there, then shopping with my mama and my sister. While we were at the bridal shower, Chris got to play some golf with some of his good friends, and afterwards we met up at Hacienda and had dinner with my mom for an early Mother's Day!
For Cinco de Mayo (one of my favorite non-holiday holidays...aka an excuse to drink margaritas) we had some friends from Life Group over...Chris made some yummy chicken on the grill, but it would have been better if the weather had been a little nicer...isn't the saying "APRIL showers bring May flowers"? K, just checking...
However, something more eventful happened on Cinco de Mayo this year...Chris's sister, Melinda, was admitted to the hospital because her cervix had shrunk. A couple days later they did a surgical procedure to hold the cervix in place by putting a stitch around it. She was at Community North for about a week and a half, then, after her situation worsened, they transferred her to IU Med Center at Riley in case she went into preterm labor. She is still there, and this past Monday she reached 25 weeks. This is a big milestone, however, she is not really "in the clear" until 32 weeks. There can still be a lot of complications, and we are just praying that baby Zoe stays in and develops as long and as much as possible! As eager as we are to meet her, we want to put it off for awhile longer! Melinda has managed to stay in relatively good spirits, aside from some understandably frustrating moments, and we are glad she's in some of the best care available! Because of Melinda being admitted to the hospital a few days before the mini marathon, Chris's parents came down a day early, on Thursday. His aunt Pam, Scott, and cousin Carmen came down Friday, and after about 5 hours of sleep, we woke up to run the mini marathon!
Keep in mind it was freezing, literally, the morning of the mini...so cold! We were pretty bundled up, and very anxious to say the least! A couple things of mention: as we passed the Indy Zoo, there was an elephant there waving at us with its trunk...so cute! Also, Chris's mom had to pee around mile 2, and Chris decided to stay back with her while Pam, Carmen and I ran ahead. I told them that if they didn't catch up to us by mile 3 that I would wait next to the mile marker. Mile 3 comes up, no sign of Chris or Cindy yet, so I stop and stand, literally, UNDER the mile marker. 15 minutes goes by and I am seriously considering continuing by myself when I hear "Robyn!" from behind me...it was Chris. He and Cindy had run like the wind to catch up with Pam and Carmen around mile 4, only to find that I was not with them! So Chris sprinted back to get me (to this day, I am unsure how they missed me to begin with), finds me just a tad angry, and we run like the wind to catch back up with the girls...only to catch up with them around mile 7 or so and realize that we've been keeping such a fast pace to catch up to them that we are hurting to slow to a normal pace...so we kept running! We ran it in about 2 hours, 40 minutes, and our goal was to do it in under 3 hours...so we met our goal! But suffice to say that we've decided we'll probably not run a race with a group again, and that the next mini we run we have a new time to beat! But we did finish, and it felt good, and I could not be prouder of us!
The next day (Mother's Day...but since we had already celebrated with our moms) Chris and I decided to take for ourselves...we were spontaneous and headed to Cincinnati to visit our good friends Matt and Lauren and go to the Cubs/Reds game...so fun! It was so great to just have a day to take off, with nothing pressing to do!
The following weekend we kicked off wedding season (first of 7 weddings this summer) and headed down to Evansville (both our first trips there) to celebrate Ryan and Valerie getting married. We really had a great time, but funny story: we were running a little behind because last-minute we had to drop Rudy off at the boarding place...so we pull into the church RIGHT at 1:30 when it starts (Chris making the comment that it must be a small wedding because there weren't many cars in the church parking lot), rush into the church, hear music in the sanctuary, but as we open the sanctuary doors, we find nobody except the singer and organist! Come to find out Evansville is an hour behind Indy...did I mention it was our first time in Evansville? :) Luckily for us we were able to check into our hotel early and make it back to the church with time to spare! It was a beautiful wedding, and we were blessed to be a part of their special day!
Sidenote: I got to go on a field trip to a dairy farm last week...lots of fun, but smelled like cows ALL DAY! hahaha
Last weekend we were able to celebrate some good friends buying their first house...my good high school friends Tony and Laura (congrats again!)...we had a cookout and got to socialize and hang out all night! The next night a few of us girls from high school got together and went to dinner and hung out at our house to catch up...I love my high school girl friends! :)
On Sunday we rode our bikes from Fishers to Broadripple...yes, you read that right. It was about 15 miles each way...luckily we stopped for lunch when we got down there, and walked around before heading back. We stopped in to Three Dog Bakery to see my friend Danielle who works there, then ran into our friends Rachel and Brad too! I will admit that I fell off my bike once on the ride home. It was a small accident and myself and my bike came away with not much more than a little dirt on us (and some bruises on my right leg). Overall it was a great bike ride, but I will say that my booty hurt on Monday!
I have also been reading like a crazy woman...I will write a separate post dedicated to some recommendations.
And this week I have a short week because we have "spring break" at work. So I have Friday through Tuesday off. Chris's office is moving buildings, so he is off those days too, which hopefully means lots done around the house...but also means some relaxing and maybe some pool time since our neighborhood pool opens this weekend! Chris's parents are coming down to see Melinda and Chris and I are going to the Indy 500 with some friends (Chris's parents might also go). Should be an eventful, productive, and relaxing 5-day weekend!
Now that I've summed up our past month, I promise to try to be more diligent about updating more often! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment