Thursday, December 17, 2009

The Single Digit Countdown Begins...

That's right...only 9 days until we will be in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic! We are so excited, yet also so overwhelmed by the things we need to accomplish before we leave. Chris, leading into busy season, has some big deadlines to meet by next Wednesday before we head up north. He was out of town Monday through Wednesday this week, so it was just Rudy and me to fend for ourselves. Luckily it was only a few days this time. Just all the more reason to look forward to December 26th!

Last weekend we had my Christmas party for work...our inaugural Christmas party, if you will. It went really well, especially considering it was the first one. Instead of doing a white elephant gift exchange like we have in the past at our old Christmas parties, everyone donated a book for our new library. It was so fun to see all the books, and amazingly, only one book was duplicated.

On Sunday I did my GraceGivers volunteering for the first time in about a month because things have been so hectic. It went really well and the little girl I'm working with is always excited to see me and her behavior has improved significantly, which makes me feel like I'm doing something right with her! I have butted heads a bit with the lady I'm partnered with, mostly due to my schedule conflicts, so I am praying that I keep my heart in the right place and don't let any hard feelings get in the way of the care I give to Emma.

Well, the Colts are on tonight, I have some major Christmas present prepping and wrapping to do, and I have a husband at home to spend some quality time with! I'll try to get one more post in before we leave, but in the mean time, I hope everyone is safe during the hustle and bustle, and don't forget to remember why we celebrate this wonderful holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment